As the US Teams head “for the Gold”… so will campers for our upcoming Open House. This is a “golden” opportunity to learn more about Camp Tall Timbers and meet prospective and current campers.
One of the best ways to find out if a camp is the right fit for your child is to attend a camp open house. It’s an excellent way to experience the camp in action and feel the spirit, a winning combination. Together with your child, you will be able to explore the camp, see the facilities and meet the staff.
Some questions and discussion items to consider when attending a camp Open House:
- What are activities the camp offers?
- What sessions the camp offers?
- What does a typical daily schedule look like? Ask how much freedom a child has to choose activities.
- Does the camp have either a pool or lake (or both) for water activities or life guard training for older campers?
- What is the camp’s philosophy? Is it one you’re comfortable with as a parent? Is it a good match for your child?
- Ask the director how long they have been operating and what licenses they have. If the camp is accredited by the American Camp Association (ACA), you can be assured the camp has satisfied the organization’s more than 300 standards on health, safety, facilities, programs and staffing.
- How does the camp recruit, screen and train its staff?
- Other considerations that relate to your child and their interests: rainy day activities, field trips, tournaments and special programs.
Camp Tall Timbers is excited about their Open House Sunday, August 14th. Come visit and discover what it means to “get away from the everyday” – see you there for a day of FUN!
Register Here or to learn more info.