TRUST IN OUR EXPERTISE:
Our accreditation means we care enough to undergo a thorough (over 300 standards) review of our operation, ranging from staff qualifications and training to emergency management. Camp Tall Timbers and the ACA form a partnership that promotes growth and fun in an environment committed to safety. The ACA Accredited camp sign has over 50 years of parent trust behind it. Our accreditation is solid proof of our accountability, credibility and commitment. It shows we have gone to great lengths, have been evaluated and passed the test! It also proves we continually seek expert counsel from many fields: The American Academy of Pediatrics, American Red Cross and many others and continually work with the ACA to improve Camp Tall Timbers.
Find here the ‘at a glance’ list of the ACA standards with which we comply:
The American Camp Association believes that . . .
- Camp professionals care about the successful development of children.
- Camp is for everyone — all interests, ages, abilities, budgets, and personal schedules.
- Camp offers a supervised, positive environment in the outdoors where kids can laugh and grow within a set of controlled boundaries.
- Camp is more than a place, it is an experience that gives kids a world of good.
- Camp experiences provide opportunities to develop key life skills: responsibility, cooperation, courage, and self-esteem.
The American Camping Association is a community of camp professionals and is dedicated to enriching the lives of children and adults through the camp experience.
Purpose of the Accreditation Program:
The main purpose of the ACA-accreditation program is to educate camp owners and directors in the administration of key aspects of camp operation, particularly those related to program quality and the health and safety of campers and staff. The standards establish guidelines for needed policies, procedures, and practices. The camp, then, is responsible for on-going implementation of these policies.