The heart of the camp experience
The bunk is where campers build relationships, learn teamwork, responsibility, and experience the freedom of living away from home. Cabin Nights are a weekly Camp Tall Timbers tradition, giving campers special time to really bond with each other and their counselors.
We are celebrating over 50 Fabulous Years of Fun at Camp Tall Timbers.
Benefits of Camp Participation
- Announcements are made at every meal time to highlight camper accomplishments
- Golden Feathers for each activity are awarded to those campers who showed particular effort, improvement or skill throughout the session
- Campers will experience Camp Fires, and weekly Cabin Nights every session
- Cabin Nights are a weekly Camp Tall Timbers tradition, giving campers special time to really bond with each other and their counselors.
- Campers live in a cabin or tent with peers and counselors where they will undertake the responsibilities of keeping the area clean and making group decisions
- Campers will decide on their very own activities schedule and when they would like to take them
- Campers are encouraged to learn at least one new skill while at camp, and most learn even more
Our campers live in comfortable, modern cabins with electricity, bathroom and shower facilities. Campers have ample room to store all their belongings on shelves in the cabin. In each group, we have approximately 8 campers and a minimum of 2 senior counselors. Cabin counselors eat, sleep and interact with their campers, fostering a strong sense of camaraderie and fun.
Older campers (completed 8th grade) may team up with buddies in a 14’ X 16’ tent equipped with electricity. These campers have their own shower facilities.
Your children’s safety at camp is our top priority.
Our ACA accreditation ensures we maintain a safe, quality environment for our campers and staff. We make sure to have an overall supervisor for all specialized activities, who is a certified adult with experience and documented training. We uphold strict operating procedures. All water activities are managed by certified lifeguards.
Have a question regarding how we handle food allergies or administer medications?
Medical coverage includes a Registered Nurse 24/7, and our well-equipped health center is ready to handle any situation around the clock. Campers’ medication is stored under lock and key as required by the American Camp Association and is brought to campers at the time called for by doctor’s instruction. All of our medical staff are licensed by the State of West Virginia.
The dining room is the hub of camp where everyone eats together. We serve well-balanced, buffet style meals prepared by a professional kitchen staff. Breakfasts include hot and cold options, plus a full cereal bar. Saturday mornings feature fresh bakery items, ending the week on a special note. Lunches and dinners include hot meals with a variety of low fat and vegetarian options, salad bar, and delicious desserts. Once a week we have a camp cookout!
Here are just a few of our meal offerings!
Breakfast – Orange juice, fresh fruit, bagels and cream cheese, cereal, scrambled eggs, french toast!
Lunch – Pizza, pasta, grilled cheese, tacos, sandwiches, salad bar (every day), bakery dessert
Dinner – Lasagna (meat and meatless), turkey dinner, veggie burger/hamburger/hotdogs, salad bar, green beans, ice cream